Do you work in the entertainment industry and struggle with your body image? At times you may feel unacceptable yet what if it’s them not you? Listen now for solutions.
- PCOS and Food Peace Course set to begin in Greensboro. Give me a call (336.273.2808 x 0) if you’d like to attend this in person only event.
- Are you looking for acceptance in your body’s appearance? The way this letter writer defines an acceptable body does not fit her DNA.
- This is reinforced with the media’s discrimination and pressure for all to lose weight. This is wrong on so many levels.
- Problem: didn’t see other women who looked like you. Julie wonders if this letter writer’s body size more like dad’s side of the family rather than mom’s side.
- Problem: if more like dad’s body shape/size, he said he “struggled” with his weight which is code for didn’t accept it.
- Do you feel unacceptable for taking up too much space??
- Do you feel anger, frustration that feels endless? This mimics the body image struggles and symbolic of feminist issues.
- You have permission to take up your space…whatever that is.
- Redefine what an acceptable body is for you and everyone else.
- Describe feelings as ugly?? Julie struggles with that description of normal experiences.
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning and no spam EVER.
- Shrill by Lindy West <– This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition
- Body Respect: What conventional health books get wrong, leave out, and just plain fail to understand about weight by Linda Bacon and Lucy Aphamor
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.