Have diabetes, high cholesterol, a food intolerance or PCOS and been told to cut something out of your regular eating? Have you finally rejected diet culture and found food peace, but are struggling with gentle nutrition? Are you concerned that changing your food choices due to health concerns might lead you back to restriction and deprivation? Listen now as special guest, Vincci Tsui, and I break down this part of the Food Peace™ journey.
This episode is brought to you by my online course, Your Step-by-Step Guide to PCOS and Food Peace™. Enrollment is open! Receive my FREE road map: Your First 3 Steps Toward Food Peace™ with PCOS. You CAN make peace with food even with PCOS and I want to show you how.
Check out the whole Love, Food Podcast store here. All T-Shirt designs have at least one with size range options from XS to 5X. All proceeds go to funding this labor of love to keep it as a free resource for you.
Product links may be affiliate. If you click and make a purchase, there’s no extra cost to you.
The transcribed episode can be found here.
Episode’s Key Points:
- Nutrition is NOT an exact science!! It’s a fluid concept, and very individual.
- Vincci Tsui joins us to chat about gentle nutrition and intuitive eating!
- Finding the balance between gentle nutrition and diet mentality can be so hard. Too much of the nutrition information out there is so tainted with diet culture!
- What even is gentle nutrition? It’s less about food rules, and more about what makes our bodies feel good. It’s all about our INTENTION!
- Nutrition is super individual! Your own experience with certain foods is way more important than what the current research says.
- There are way too many books out there that claim to be non-diet, but still perpetuate diet culture and the thin ideal. It’s so hard to escape it! So be careful with the anti-diet media that you consume, and decide for yourself which parts of these books and films are helpful, and which parts are harmful. Rely on your intuition to tell you which is which!
- It’s about what works for YOU! The research may give us some parameters, but we need to rely on our own body cues to figure out what actually works for us. It’s literally about experimenting on ourselves.
- You can incorporate foods that are typically considered “diet foods” without them being about dieting and weight loss. It’s about making choices out of self-care! When the intention is different, it makes ALL the difference.
- Julie Dillon RD blog
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace™ Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning. By signing up, I will also send you Love Food’s Food Peace™ Syllabus.
- Vincci’s guest episode of the Nutrition Matters Podcast with Paige Smathers
- “Can Meal Planning and Meal Prep Work with Intuitive Eating?” by Vincci Tsui —> This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #1
- Vincci’s Free E-Book, Stop the Food Fight —> This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #2
- Get in touch with Vincci on her website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Eating Disorder Dietitians can help your Food Peace™ journey. Get access to one near you here.
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.