This episode is brought to you by Pursuing Private Practice Masterclass.
Ready to start doing things your way and kiss the corporate world goodbye?
Details here and remember the super secret discount code BOSS for 10% off.
Episode’s Key Points:
- Making peace with food comes down to accepting ourselves! This includes accepting our needs and accepting the space we take up in the world.
- Our bodies are NOT meant to be controlled!! They will change constantly as we get older.
- Rosie Molinary joins to talk about body image!
- We ALL have something unique to offer the world.
- So much of our pain is related to our lack of awareness around our own self-worth. We are all fighting for our worth!
- Remember, our worth isn’t rooted in our appearance. So how do we find our worthiness outside of our earth suit? We must remind ourselves that we are worthy simply by EXISTING!
- We pour energy and money into how we physically look in order to feel accepted… but this removes resources from experiences in our lives that might have the potential to EMPOWER us instead of disempower us.
- Diet culture and the beauty ideal PROFIT off of our insecurities.
- Self-acceptance is a journey!!
- All experiences are moments of information, rather than moments for judgment. Get curious!
- Unpack the internalized messages we have been taught about appearance and self-worth.
- We have to accept that our bodies ALWAYS change… so we can’t attach our worth to one stagnant version of our bodies, because that will always be in flux.
- Imperfect cannot exist if there’s no “perfect” in the first place… resist messaging around “effortless” perfection!
- The images we see of our world in the media are NOT REAL!
- We have to anchor our faith and belief in ourselves to how we FEEL, rather than how we look.
- Shaming ourselves NEVER works! It’s actually very damaging, and it’s not health promoting… we have to operate from a place of self-acceptance instead.
- Remember, self-acceptance doesn’t mean that you don’t want to grow in some way. But it does assert your worthiness RIGHT NOW, no matter what growth you achieve down the line.
- We’re the experts of our own bodies!
- Self-acceptance is a super ACTIVE process.
- How do we give ourselves what we need every single day?
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning and no spam EVER. By signing up, I will also send you Love Food’s Season 1’s Food Peace Syllabus.
- Start your private practice! Click here and use code BOSS to get 10% off Jennifer McGurk’s Pursuing Private Practice Masterclass.
- Anna Guest-Jelley’s Curvy Yoga Program and book, Curvy Yoga —> This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #1
- Body Kindness by Rebecca Scritchfield —> This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #2
- Health at Every Size by Linda Bacon —> This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #3
- Body of Truth by Harriet Brown —> This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #4
- Beautiful You: A Daily Guide to Radical Self-Acceptance by Rosie Molinary —> This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #5
- Rosie Molinary’s website
- Eating Disorder Dietitian
- Julie Dillon RD blog
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.