This episode is brought to you by my online course, PCOS and Food Peace. Sign up now to get on the waitlist for the next enrollment period in January 2018, and receive my FREE road map: Your First 3 Steps Toward Food Peace with PCOS. You CAN make peace with food even with PCOS and I want to show you how.
Episode’s Key Points:
- Come find me at FNCE!
- Trying to heal our relationship with food while struggling with a health condition can be SO hard! Too many health conditions tangle up weight with health, and this can make food peace EVEN HARDER to achieve.
- Anna Sweeney joins us to talk about finding food peace with a chronic health condition!
- We’re allowed to love food!! Food is AWESOME, and we’re supposed to love it!
- Watch kids eat to see a purely intuitive, blissful experience with food.
- Having a positive experience with food is often met with concern, and THAT is the problem, NOT your love of food!
- We’re told that we shouldn’t trust our body from a young age… but that isn’t true! Our body WANTS us to be successful humans, and it’s NOT trying to sabotage us.
- We need to move away from this fear mongering space around food and body.
- It’s time to unlearn diet culture in order to recover from disordered eating!
- ANY body that’s not being appropriately nourished (including satisfaction!) is super likely to have difficult gastric experiences. So it isn’t about changing our diet… it’s about making peace with food! The only way to heal our gut is with appropriate nutrition.
- Following any sort of diet DISCONNECTS us from our internal wisdom. The body lets us know what feels good and what doesn’t!
- Choose your un-teachers wisely.
- Julie Dillon RD blog
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning and no spam EVER. By signing up, I will also send you Love Food’s Food Peace Syllabus.
- The Intuitive Eating Workbook by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch —> This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #1
- Body Respect by Linda Bacon —> This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #2
- Body Kindness by Rebecca Scritchfield —> This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #3
- Connect with Anna at her website and on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Eating Disorder Dietitian
- Julie Dillon RD blog
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.