Have you finally found food freedom with intuitive eating, but are now struggling with the difficult emotions that used to be managed with food? Listen now for some relief from this food peace conundrum.
This episode is brought to you by my online course, Your Step-by-Step Guide to PCOS and Food Peace. Sign up now to get on the waitlist for the next enrollment period in January 2018, and receive my FREE road map: Your First 3 Steps Toward Food Peace with PCOS. You CAN make peace with food even with PCOS and I want to show you how.
Episode’s Key Points:
- Intuitive eating can feel SO freeing and exciting, but it also can be tough and SUPER scary!
- Can you sit with the uncomfortable emotions that come up during the intuitive eating process?
- Emotional eating is a part of normal eating!! The problem is when food is the ONLY method we have to soothe hard feelings.
- Part of the food peace journey is moving away from diet culture.
- Give yourself unconditional permission to eat, and unconditional permission to eat food emotionally!
- Our world hasn’t recovered from it’s own eating disorder yet, and that means that food peace can feel really, really hard.
- We need more fat positivity in our world. Exploring more body image resources can help mitigate the hard feelings that come up in the food peace journey.
- Intuitive eating takes TIME. Give yourself some patience and compassion, and know that you’re going to get there eventually.
- Immerse yourself in recovery… jump all in!! Give yourself unconditional permission to eat, and unconditional permission to let your body be where it needs to be.
- ALL of our bodies will change throughout our lives, so we need to make peace with our body no matter what it looks like at any one time.
- You can’t experience recovery until you’re ALL IN! Surround yourself with other food peace and body acceptance warriors to support your journey.
- Julie Dillon RD blog
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning and no spam EVER. By signing up, I will also send you Love Food’s Food Peace Syllabus.
- BEDA/NEDA Conference
- Intuitive Eating, 3rd ed. by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch and IntuitiveEating.com
- Evelyn Tribole’s Love, Food Podcast episode
- Elyse Resch’s Love, Food Podcast episode
- She’s All Fat Podcast —> This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition
- Carolyn Costin
- Eating Disorder Dietitian
- Julie Dillon RD blog
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.