Were you raised with mixed messages around food? Told to not enjoy pleasurable food and yet got encouragement to bond over the same items? I bet you’re exhausted! Listen now for a different way.
- Have PCOS and looking for more tools to work toward Food Peace? If you live near Greensboro NC you are in luck! Give us a call for details 336.273.2808 x 0.
- Food is pleasurable as a means of survival.
- Healthy eating includes pleasure. Eating feels good and that keeps us alive and well.
- If food did not feel good then we wouldn’t have survived. Eating food that is just fuel and never pleasurable denies a part of our physiological need.
- Honor the pleasure that comes from food.
- There’s just one version of you…not a fat version vs skinny version.
- Have a son or daughter in a larger body or have a child that really enjoys eating?? Is it pecking at your own food experiences or negative body image? Take care of your own shit to not pass it on.
- Are you a competent eater?
- Yo-yo diets harm health.
- You’re not broken our culture is. We need to rewrite our truths about our body and our food.
- Honor all the sizes you have experienced as the safe keeper for your soul.
- Shame never promotes health.
- You are acceptable just the way you are right now.
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning and no spam EVER.
- Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole + Elyse Resch
- Feeding a Healthy Family by Ellyn Satter
- Women, Food and God by Geneen Roth
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.