Are you exhausted from your current relationship with food? The guilt, shame, excitement, fear, and despair often wear down energy levels to disempower change. Recharge by listening now.
- Editor’s note: This episode 40 needed to be released because episode 39 wasn’t quite ready. I’m trying to be ok with the break in numbering and hope you can be too.
- Trying to recover from an eating disorder is exhausting especially within a family and world that hasn’t recovered yet.
- We feel your exhaustion!!
- Your awareness will bring more progress. This is the first step! And a big one.
- Your family of origin greatly shapes your relationship with food. Don’t just brush it under the rug. Hear the noise yet try to navigate around it.
- Finding a team can really help alleviate this exhaustion.
- Don’t get stuck in the shame loop.
- So you know the diet industry is all a sham. Join us out of the fog.
- You have options and choices. You can experienced more empowerment by leaving diets and stop trying to control your body. WE BELIEVE IN YOU!
- “Motivational” clichés as rules yet really shame-inducing myths. Look for quotes that ARE inspiring without shame and guilt. Clean up your social media to better include body positivity. This can help you normalize all body sizes.
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning and no spam EVER.
- Christy Harrison RD and her Food Psych podcast
- Inside Out by Anastasia Amour
- Josée Sovinsky RD and her fabulous resources for a finding peace. My favorite blog post by Josée is on Portion Sizes. Check it out!
- Eating Disorder Dietitians
- Julie Dillon RD blog
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.