Are you working toward eating disorder recovery yet wonder if you have the strength to see it through?? Does your battle toward 100% recovery feel like an impossible dream? Listen now for insight.
- Julie needs your letters! Send your letter detailing your complicated relationship with Food to LoveFoodPodcast@Gmail.com
- Get out paper and pencil for an exercise!
- Recovery is messy, unclear, bumpy, weathered not linear or a destination.
- Our world has not recovered yet.
- First, learn to live with your biology then how to rewire it.
- Eating disorder recovery is not a sprint rather a marathon.
- ED recovery takes usually ~7 to 14 years.
- Carolyn Costin quote:”Recovery can’t be something you dip your toe in to. For it to be fully felt and completely comprehended, you have to immerse yourself.”
- We can’t pick and choose parts of recovery to get there. Part of recovery is facing the fear of fat and staying with it if indeed your body needs to be.
- Size diversity is healthy yet live in a fat-phobic world.
- Seek out group support to aid in recovery.
- Health of every size is an approach to attuned eating, movement and body image that does not use the scale as a measure of progress. Size diversity is celebrated and a social justice issue.
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning and no spam EVER.
- 8 Keys to Recovery from an Eating Disorder: Effective Strategies from Therapeutic Practice and Personal Experience by Carolyn Costin
- Health at Every Size Facebook group support for folks want to immerse themselves in HAES.
- Eating the Food Facebook group support
- Eating Disorder Anonymous
- Eating Disorder Dietitians
- Julie Dillon RD blog
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.