Have you been on a diet for as long as you can remember? Do you find yourself feeling confused about food and your body because of mixed messages you received from your family? Are you looking to break free from an endless cycle of dieting and bingeing? Special guest Melissa Toler provides a compassionate voice alongside your Food Peace journey.
Episode’s Key Points:
- Special guest Melissa Toler, former wellness coach turned writer, speaker, and educator.
- Our relationship with food and our bodies often is based off of our early childhood experiences.
- Making peace with food and your body is an ongoing process. Rest assured, you are not doing it wrong.
- Writing can be a therapeutic tool that allows you to hear your own voice over the external voices that we often hear regarding our bodies.
- Filter your book collection to include fat positive and non-diet messages.
- Julie Dillon RD blog
- Link to subscribe to the weekly FREE Food Peace™ Newsletter. It is sent out every Tuesday morning. By signing up, I will also send you Love Food’s Food Peace™ Syllabus.
- Sonya Renee Taylor’s The Body Is Not An Apology–>This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #1—> This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #1
- Melissa Toler’s Write to Get Free course—>This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #2
- Melissa Toler’s blog—->This week’s Food Peace Syllabus addition #3
- Eating Disorder Dietitians can help your Food Peace™ journey. Get access to one near you here.
Do you have a complicated relationship with food? I want to help! Send your Dear Food letter to LoveFoodPodcast@gmail.com.